Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Together

Well, I think I'm on the verge of catching up from that one lost hour.  Still trying to figure out how one hour equates to almost an entire day, though.  Oh well, enough about that!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, husband and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on Sunday.  Twelve years, and four kids later, I still remember our wedding day with much love and many smiles.

I'll let you in on a secret, husband and I met the day after I turned 21 at a local bar.  Shh, don't tell the kids! ;)  Four years after we met, we FINALLY got married.  We took our time walking down the aisle and I think that made us a stronger and better couple.  We grew up together this way, he was working and I was in college.  In fact, we were married as I was working on my MBA.  Our wedding date, March 14, was chosen, because it was the first Saturday of Spring Break.  It also worked out well, because we both love St Patrick's Day, hence the green, white and gold wedding theme.

Here are a few pictures from that wonderful day...


Yes ladies, the throw garter was a Budweiser garter in the shape of a shamrock.  Can you tell I loved my husband?


We laughed so much that day.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture of his smile when he saw the garter.  Trust me, he was quite impressed!!


Here we are during our first dance.  Totally in love and not worrying about the rest of the world.

We really did have a fun day and the fun hasn't stopped!  We laugh together, we play together, we even fight together.  Yes, believe it or not, we're not perfect! ;)  But, we do it together.  Never loose sight of that.  You must do things together!  Not that you shouldn't have time to yourself, but you should always grow together.

Here we are 12 years, and four incredible kids, later.  Still trying to do things together...

5 comments:

  1. Awww....love the pics and trip down memory lane! Congrats again on a wonderful 12 years. By the way, why did nobody ever tell me about the wonders of eyebrow waxing back then? Sheesh!!! LOL :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, can you believe you were pregnant in that picture?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, that's so crazy! I remember strategically placing my bouquet, ha ha :) That was only about a month and a half before my sweet Sarah blessed me *snif snif*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Congrats on 15 years! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete