Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies Warm the Soul!!

As I told y'all earlier, Husband adores his chocolate chip cookies!  So, today, I thought I'd share my favorite recipe with you.  This is a great cookie to share with those you love!  It's super easy to make, especially with a KitchenAid mixer.  Is there any other?!  And, though optional, I highly recommend one of Lynn's aprons all pretty and Lilly-fied!!  I own two sets for me and the minnies!!  They just make the whole process more colorful.  Just so you know, I bake the cookies on a Pampered Chef stoneware piece.  I swear by them for baking.


Finally, here's my recipe:


Chococlate Chip Cookies
1 C sugar
1 C firmly packed brown sugar
1C softened butter
2 eggs 
1-1/2 to 1-3/4 tsp pure vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2-3/4 to almost 3 C flour
14-16oz Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
(sometimes I'll use 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 milk chocolate)


Preheat oven to 375.


Beat together sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs until fluffy.  I start on speed 2 and increase to Speed 4.


Then, on the lowest setting, mix in the baking soda and salt.  Once incorporated, mix in about 1/2 C flour until incorporated.  Continue to add flour by 1/2 C increments until all flour has been used.  Then turn mixer back to speed 4 for about 30 seconds.  Back to stir and add chocolate chips.


I use a PC medium scoop and place the cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie stone.  Bake for approximately 10 minutes.  Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie stone, then remove them to a cooling rack.  


Personally, I enjoy them warm, but Husband prefers them after a couple of hours with a glass of milk.  How do you enjoy your cookies?


Well, this has made me hungry, so I'm off to eat a cookie!  TTFN!!


XOXO,


Kim

2 comments:

  1. Thank you,thank you, thank you, for this post!! I have been searching for a great cookie recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete