Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun Day Review


Yesterday was a great day!  What made it truly wonderful was spending it with my Ty.  He's getting older now and wants to do his own thing.  So, I found it pretty special he wanted to do something with me.  Something, it turned out, we both really enjoyed.  I pray there will be more fun days like this!





Alice in Wonderland in IMAX was beyond awesome!  Johnny Depp is the Mad Hatter.  Yes, we all know he plays the Mad Hatter in the movie, but he actually IS the Mad Hatter.  At least the one I envision in my mind.  Those eyes.  Please understand, I don't actually like Johnny Depp, but he sure can act!!  He was perfect, as was everyone else in the movie.  The effects were great and the 3D didn't give me a headache.  Ty thought the movie was great,too.  It wasn't as dark or as scary as I thought it might be, but still wouldn't take little ones.  If you see it, please tell me what you think!


Here's a picture of Ty right after the movie was over...






Now, on to Krispy Kreme.  The banana donuts were very tasty.  They have one filled with banana cream and topped with crushed vanilla wafers and the other is a banana cake donut with a caramel topping -- both equally yummy.  Truly though, can Krispy Kreme go wrong?!  If you have never tasted a hot Krispy Kreme donut, I feel for you.  They are the best and I highly recommend you seek out the closest store -- even if it calls for a road trip!!!  See what I mean?


This is the banana cream donut...




Here's the banana cake donut...




Here we are at the end of our donut eating spree!




We even went grocery shopping after this and were able to save 47%.  Not a bad way to end a great day with a great guy!

Gotta run, off to brunch with Nana, Daniel, Brandy and their little one, Dylan!

XOXO,

Kim

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great time, but I just have to say you are totally insane. You don't like Johnny Depp??? WHAT?!?! I have adored him since 21 Jump Street :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krispy Kreme is so good, all ours closed in NY though i can't figure out why they are so good LOL xoxoxo Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, then you must come here! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK trying to lay OFF the sweets but this post makes me want a KK doughnut. LOL. Looks like a fab weekend, so let it continue and have a Marvelous Monday! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete