Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday Boy

Hi all!  Well, yesterday was a big day -- Husband's birthday!  It's funny how we differ on this.  To me it was a big deal, to him it was just another day.  As a kid, his family really didn't celebrate birthdays, so he could take them or leave them.  I, on the other hand, believe you should celebrate the entire month of your birth! 

Birthdays are a big deal.  They mark the day you came into this world and were first held and loved by your parents.  And, heck, let's be honest, the alternative to another birthday really stinks!  But, back to Husband, and his day.  I still think he had a nice one, I hope.  The kids made him birthday cards and it's always fun to see what their imagination has in store.  It was really cute watching Ittybit tell him what her scribble scrabble said!  The eldest and I made him chocolate chip cookies, because he hates cake, so that was fun for me.  Bonding over bakimg is always best!  Husband really liked the cookies, as he always does.  Truth be told though, that's good and bad, as he has Type 2 diabetes.  We won't tell his doctor he ate a few! ;)  He also received calls and emails wishing him a happy day -- that was all he needed. Other than that, we didn't do anything else.  That's what makes Husband most happy, just a quiet day with his family.  Well, as quiet as it can be with four kids!

Husband, I hope your day was just the way you wanted it!  And, to all my blog friends and family, I hope you celebrate your day, your way, too!  TTFN!!

XOXO,

Kim

3 comments:

  1. I hope he had a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Found you via Bella Michelle and just wanted to tell you I LOVE the picture on your header of your family with you ladies all in LILLY! Absolutely adorable!! Happy to be a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bella and Trish!! Also, welcome Trish, I look forward to having you here!!

    ReplyDelete