Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time Machine

Hi all and a happy Thursday to you.  Are you getting ready for another fun filled weekend?  We have lots of football things to do and a photo shoot with our dear friend, Ken Rada.  This works out perfectly, because Ken will able to document Eldest Daughter's newest accomplishment -- learning to swim!

Well, as you know, I've been driving kids all over towm to various camps and classes the past few weeks.  Again, it's a good thing Husband bought me a much larger SUV.  I promise, as soon as I get all the new "bling" for it, I will post pictures of it.  Also have to wait for the road construction to be over, so I can get it washed!!  But, I digress...

Yesterday, after dropping Eldest Son off at his class, I was all alone in this huge vehicle.  I mean it was really quiet and I had no one to talk to, so weird.  What to do?!  Well, I was transported back to the late 80's in my magical time machine -- you thought it was only an SUV -- through the wonders of XM/Sirius radio.  Gotta love the 80's station and Hair Band station.  There I was, one second the conservative mom of four in her quintessential mommy car, the next I was all of 16 or 17 singing at the top of my lungs to music that was much too loud!  I had to pretend I didn't see the two carseats in the back, but that was okay.  It really was fun to have a few minutes to go back in time like that. 

So, what do you do when you are alone in your car?  I would love to hear!  TTFN.

XOXO,

Kim

2 comments:

  1. You are a winner on my blog...Send me your information to

    annah99@aol.com

    Congratulations,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. if no one is looking and there is a good song I sing my heart out, otherwise dignity saves the day and I catch up on emails, write note cards or read a glossy.

    ReplyDelete