Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blueberry Bonanza

Hi all!  Today I thought I'd share a couple of recipes with you for some wonderful blueberry treats.  My princesses love blueberries so much, we have even planted them a couple of bushes.  The one we planted last year has given us enough berries to make both of these treats and the girls have been delighted.  Can't wait to see what next year brings!!

Blueberry Muffins

1-1/2 Cups flour
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 Cup milk
1 C fresh blueberries

Crumb Topping:

1/2 Cup sugar
1/3 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C almost melted butter
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
*Mix the crumb topping ingredients together with a fork


Preheat oven to 400.  Line muffin tin with liners or grease.

Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.  In another small bowl, combine vegetable oil, egg and milk.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.  Lightly fold in blueberries.  Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full and then top with the crumb topping.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.


Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 Cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter at room temp
1 Cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 Cup milk (possibly a couple more dashes)
2 tsp vanilla
1 Cup white chocolate chips
1 Cup fresh blueberries

In a medium bowl, combine first three ingredients.  In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer.  And egg, then milk.  Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand and fold in the blueberries.  Chill the dough in fridge for about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375.

Drop by tsp onto cookie sheet and bake about 15 minutres, until golden around the edges.

Cool on a wire rack and eat within a few days.

These cookies are best eaten as quickly as possible, as they tend to get soggy after a few days.  They are very much like eating a muffin top.  For this recipe, I must give credit to Giada De Laurentis, as I used her Almond Blueberry Cookie recipe as my inspiration.


Hope these recipes inspire you!  TTFN.

XOXO,

Kim

5 comments:

  1. I love summer and the abundance of berries out there -- these are some fab suggestions, thanks for sharing. And the cartoon from your earlier post is classic.

    All the best, Coryanne

    http://www.housewifebliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I definitely think I need to make something with blueberries! Thanks for sharing the recipes!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those recipes look so good! My sister's land lord has 1200 blueberry bushes so she brings me tons! I'll have to give these a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, girl! I have been out of the blog loop for a bit as we made our exit from Hall County! Today my DH brought home some wonderful blueberries that someone gave him and I know this recipe will be perfect. Thanks and I hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I love blueberries and will have to try this out!!!

    Also, I left you something on my blog this morning!

    ReplyDelete