Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oodles and Oodles of Snickerdoodles

Hi all!  Hope your week has been going well.  I'm still on my baking rampage, so last night, I made the following snickerdoodle recipe for the kids' swim instructors and for us, of course.  I simply doubled the recipe and it worked out great.  These are some of the best snickerdoodles I have ever tasted.  These are the same ones I made for Eldest Son when he was away at camp and even one of his cabinmates said I was a better baker than his mom.  Here you go...

Snickerdoodles

Cookies:
1/2 C butter, room temp
1/2 C shortening
1-1/2 C white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2-3/4 C flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Topping:
2 Tblsp white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400.  Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients until incorporated.  Mix the ingredients for the topping in a shallow dish or plate.

Roll rounded tsp sized pieces of dough into balls and roll in the topping.  Pleace 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes until just set.  Leave on baking sheet for no more than 2 minutes and then remove cookies to a cooling rack.  The cookies should be soft with a small crunch around the edges.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment