Thursday, June 10, 2010

You Know It's Bad When...

Hi all!  Hope your week is going well.  Mine is moving too slow AND I still haven't heard from Eldest Son!!!  Thank God camp shares pictures every day, so I know he's still alive.  That being said, I've only seen two pictures of him and one was of his backside!!!  Oh dear me.  Please understand, this is the first time he has been away for this long and I HATE not being able to talk to him!!!  In case you haven't guessed, I have the gift of gab and a want, need, desire COMPULSION to communicate.  Any wonder my major in college was Communications?!


I keep telling myself I haven't heard from him, because he is too busy having fun and truly do believe it.  Still... 


Okay, so how do I know I've gone off the deep end?  At this very moment, I actually envy these two ladies, The Entertaining Mom and Bevy.  Go read their blogs and you will understand the depths of my craziness!  I misss the chattering bickering in my home and look forward to Eldest Son tormenting his little sisters.  He doesn't pick on the baby, yet!  Okay, when he does come home, I know I'll look back on this and ask "What the hell was I thinking?!"  But, until then, I will sit her missing my boy and looking at the world in a new way.  TTFN!

XOXO,

Kim

P.S.  In case you're wondering, one of my new challenges was allowing the three youngest to fingerpaint.  For me this a huge deal.  I don't deal well with messes and paint on hands with a 5, 3 and 17 month old is horrifying to me.  Isn't that why they have preschool?!  We did surrvive the situation, with Daddy's help, as I had to leave the room.  Okay, so I'm probably worse than Kate Gosselin when it comes to things like that.  Please don't judge me too harshly...

5 comments:

  1. I do understand where you are coming from. But do know that oldest son is having the time of his life and HUGE kudos to you for letting him go off on his own. This is hugely important. In a few weeks you'll be in the throes of the arguments, tantrums and whining... so cherish the quiet and the bliss!

    Also huge kudos on the finger painting!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking me! We are back from the beach, and of course both boys are acting lovely. I do know how you feel, however. Both of mine will be gone to camp the last week in June, and I will miss the craziness! Such is being a mother, I guess...

    Hope your boy is having a wonderful time!!! I bet he is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always miss them when they are gone too, but when they return I regret it!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is too cute! I found it through Bethany's blog hop! Your kids are adorable! And, I don't think my mom ever let me fingerpaint at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound just like my Mama! I can't tell you the number of frantic voicemails and texts I've received from her when I don't call her the second I get back to school from home! It's cute, though -- I know she's just being a Mom! I found your blog though Friday Follow, and I love it! You have a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete