Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It Has Begun!

Hi all!  Hope your week has started off with all sorts of great opportunities.  I thought the three kids here would keep me so busy that I wouldn't have time to miss Eldest Son so much, but I was wrong.  Though busy, I miss him more than I could ever tell you.  I know he's having the best time ever, it's just strange not having him here.  I never realized how much I truly enjoy his company.  This is going to be a good experience for both of us, our first of a year of new adventures. 

I told Husband I wanted to try something new every day for the next year and made sure to tell him nothing crazy.  He simply asked if I was going through a midlife crisis!  To begin with, I still have a few more years before I even turn 40.  Secondly, my new experience today was helping him with his work.  The really crappy grunt work, at that.  Yes, a typical midlife crisis includes opening bags and undoing twist ties on your family room floor with you family!  Geesh!!!  Oh well.  I even considered putting aside this "crazy" idea, but realized this is too important to me. 

I've always been one to put off things or never even contemplate doing them for one excuse or another and I have regrets.  NO, I DON'T REGRET MY HUSBAND OR FAMILY.  There are simply experiences I wish I would have had.  Of course, having had them, I probably would have missed out on the life I have now.  A life I wouldn't change for the world!  It's simply time to expose my family and myself to what the world has to offer.

I told you yesterday, there will be no wild and crazy experiences for me.  I like to play things safe, but I hope to discover new things about myself and family as we embark on this journey.  I sincerely hope you will join us and support me through your comments.  If you have any experiences you think I may enjoy, please let me know -- I'll try to be open.

The year of firsts has begun!  Two days down and I've already realized that I love my family more than I ever thought possible and doing mind-numbing work with Husband isn't horrible.  At least it's time spent together reaching a common goal.  What will tomorrow bring?  You'll just have to come back and see.  TTFN!

XOXO,

Kim 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Here are some totally random ideas that just popped into my head:

    Camp in a tent in the middle of winter.
    Go ziplining.
    Spend one day in a homeless person's shoes (literally).
    Go to a church service of a different denomination.
    Go to a drive through and pay for the person behind you.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete