Friday, April 30, 2010

Safety First

Hi all and happy Friday to you!  Can you believe it will be May tomorrow?  Time has a way of speeding up as you get older.  Kind of sad, if you ask me.  Oh well. 

So, what fabulous plans do you have for this weekend?  We are going to stay busy with some fun things with the kids and I will report back to you about them over the weekend or Monday.  Why the delay, you ask?  No, it's not that I want to keep you in suspense.  It's just I don't like for people to know exactly what we are doing and when, which brings me to today's topic -- social networking safety.  Okay, stop your yawning.  I promise, no lectures!  Just a brief PSA from yours truly, because I love you all and care about your safety.

Recently, I was listening to the Clark Howard Show and he was dicussing this very fact.  Did you know that some not so nice people actually keep up with what we put out on the internet and use that information to figure out when we aren't home?  (Need I remind you of yesterday's blog and how a certain site was keeping tabs on what I said about them?)  So, it seems prudent not to discuss specific travel plans, etc. on sites such as Facebook or Twitter, or even on our blogs.  It's amazing how quick this information could wind up with someone who doesn't wish us well.  I'm just saying...

Of course, I love reading about your adventures and all the fun things you do!  I just hope you post about it after the fact. 

Okay, that's my PSA for today and I hope I didn't scare you away.  If I did, hopefully you'll come back on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 9) for the start of my givaway in honor of my mother's milestone birthday -- she finally said it was okay to reveal her age, 30 -- I think you'll love the necklace that will be the prize given away on May 19th, Mom's big day.  By the way, she will be drawing the lucky winner!  More details to be posted soon!  TTFN.

XOXO,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment