Friday, August 27, 2010

Eggplant Parmesean for a Friend

Hi all and a very Happy Friday to you!  For today, in honor of fall (and as a special request), I've decided to post my eggplant parmesean recipe.  It's so easy and so good.  Nothing like comfort food in the fall, or anytime you're feeling down.  Now, please understand, this isn't a healthy recipe -- well, it does have vegetables!  Kind of like saying fired fish is good for you.  Hope you all enjoy!  TTFN.


XOXO,


Kim


Eggplant Parmesan


Ingredients
2C seasoned breadcrumbs
1-1/2C parmesean romano blend cheese
4 eggs, beaten
2 medium eggplants, sliced 3/4" thick
2C+ Italian blend cheese
3C+ favorite spaghetti sauce
oil for frying


Preheat oven to 350


Dip eggplant slices in egg then into a mixture of the seasoned bread crumbs and 1/2 C of the parmesean romano cheese.  Fry until golden brown and soft.  Drain on paper towels.


Pour enough spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 13X9 pan to cover and layer 1/2 of the eggplant.  Layer with 1/2 the Italian blend cheese and 1/2 of the remaing parmesean cheese, as well as 1/2 the spaghetti sauce.  Repeat, ending with the cheese.  Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.


I tend to be a little heavy handed when it comes to the cheese and a little lighter on the sauce.  I probably use that amount of sauce, if not a touch more and I know I up the cheeses some.


Great served with a Ceasar salad and fresh baked French bread.

1 comment:

  1. I have never had egg plant parm, but it sounds amazing and I think I must make it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete